Ensure that the accounting transactions as well as the accounting books are maintained according to Luminus Education policies and procedures, Luminus Education Internal Control System and according to general accounting principles and the laws of Jordan.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Supervise the work of subordinates; review and approve the entered General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and Fixed Assets transactions to the co. Accounting System to make sure they are handled according to co. Accounting Policies & procedures and Internal Control System.
- Follow up and investigate journal vouchers with missing information related to sources.
- Review payment vouchers.
- Approve receipt vouchers.
- Supervise the matching of invoices, purchase orders and receiving reports and investigate reasons for mismatching (if any).
- Review daily reports prepared by subordinates and approve / give feedback thereon.
- Approve costing of inventory items (manual & electronically)….. if any
- Prepare periodic (monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual) company Accounting Statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Shareholders Equity Statement and Cash Flow Statement) and submit to direct supervisor.
- Monitor Trial Balance on monthly basis.
- Manage Fixed Assets Register review related entries.
- Review company monthly Payroll and related issues like Social Security, employees’ monthly Income Tax, employees’ monthly salaries’, and bank transfers.
- Supervise End-of-Month closing process; GL, Accruals, Prepaid Expenses, Depreciation on Assets…… and other closing journals as deemed necessary.
- Prepare reports as requested by direct supervisor; including Aging Account Receivable Report, Sales Report, and other accounting reports as needed.
- Open new GL accounts as necessary.
- Review sales tax declaration in coordination with company tax consultant.
- Review reconciliations of bank statement, suppliers, inventory, cash, and sub-ledger….etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting. 8+ Years’ experience in Finance / Accounting.
- CMA or CFM Certification.
- Analytical Skills
- MS Office Applications with extensive professional skills in Excel.
- Reporting Skills
- Time Management Skills.
- Personal Characteristics: Planner, Organizer, Team Leader and Team Player, Motivator, Communicator and Result Oriented.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their up-to-date CV with a copy of their relevant degree.
Therefore please use the application form button below. If due to some reason the form is not working you can send your application manualy to: email@example.com mentioning Chief Accountant.