ShamalStart is a project oriented to the communities of Irbid and Mafraq, aiming to establish 90 start-ups and to support 60 Micro Small & Medium Enterprises in the region, with the goal of developing the local economy and creating new job opportunities. The project focuses on manufacturing and services industries.
The project aims to support and enable potential innovators and entrepreneurs in creating a sustainable businesses. For that comprehensive business development services, including raising entrepreneurship awareness, capacity building, incubation services, mentorship, seed funding and digital fabrication facilities – Fab Lab are provided.
The project is funded by the European Union and hosted at Luminus Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center – Luminus Incepto. More information here
The Project Coordinator will perform non-routine research and administrative tasks related to the coordination and oversight of projects to ensure timely and effective project development and completion.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Coordinates project planning and implementation, including assessing needs, setting goals and objectives.
- Participates in project budget planning and development.
- Establishes project work plan and calendar or schedules; monitors, reviews, and evaluates progress.
- Coordinates and attends meetings; establishes and maintains internal and external contacts as necessary.
- Provides advice to participants; serves as a liaison; acts as a resource person by performing research, analyzing information, providing documentation, and preparing reports.
- Monitors record keeping and file maintenance for the program or project.
- Supervises other project staff; assigns tasks; sets priorities.
- Prepares records of project activities; oversees and ensures the timely processing in and the delivery of required materials.
- Verifies and analyzes the accuracy of all data and information used or generated by project; resolves any discrepancies or problems.
- Manage and coordinate co-applicant task and assure smooth transition between different phases and partners. Work on development of undefined project tasks.
- Serves as liaison for department; coordinates activities and exchanges information.
- Bachelor degree in Business administration, Finance or related degree
- Minimum of 3 years of similar experience in donor-funded project.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is a plus.
- Fluent Arabic & English speaking and writing
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies such as critical path planning.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing MS Project software.
- Excellent communications and leadership skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and Problem solving skills
- Ability to accurately review and complete detail oriented information and projects.
- Ability to conceptualize and organize project planning process.
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their up-to-date CV with a copy of their relevant degree.
Therefore please use the application form button below. If due to some reason the form is not working you can send your application manualy to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Project Coordinator.