Luminus College of Medical Support Sciences offers programmes in Optometry, Dental Technician and Pharmacy. Courses are available at local level, with progression available to industry and higher education.
Medical Profession courses are currently offered across two campuses, Amman and Irbid and the department facilities include state of the art classrooms and equipment, with an incubator unit for business development. The department is keen to further develop links with industry.
The teacher will work in close cooperation with the team to manage all aspects of course delivery from recruitment of students to final achievement. This includes develop and deliver induction, teaching and tutorial programmes; managing the learning, assessment and achievement process and complete the College’s quality assurance processes.
The teacher should have knowledge and skills in subjects like for example: Ocular physiology, Ocular Diseases, Ocular Anatomy, Ocular Pharmacology, Refractive error, …etc
Tasks & responsibilities
- Teach, instruct, coach and assess students
- Manage (blended learning) courses including administration and organisation.
- Guide students at their placement and to employment
- Contribute to innovation, development and implementation of curriculum, assessment and examination processes
- Assure sufficient recruitment, retention and satisfaction of students
- Maintain and update student centred teaching expertise and practical skills and Develop expertise and skills to ensure the best outcomes for learners
- Operate within the Quality Assurance Framework
- Work closely together with other teachers
- Be aware of making activities profitable for Luminus
- At least a bachelor degree in the relevant subject
- At least 2 years relevant working experience in the industry related to the subject
- Teaching experience in the vocational or technical sector desirable
- A Teaching qualification or willingness to obtain within 2 years
- Fluent in Arabic and good level of English (holder of a IELTS 5 certificate or equivalent, or willingness to obtain)
- Curriculum development and training program delivery experience desirable
- Good communication, presentation and IT skills
- Good organisational skills and team-player
Interested and qualified candidates should send their up-to-date CV with a copy of their relevant degree.
Therefore please use the application form button below. If due to some reason the form is not working you can send your application manualy to: email@example.com mentioning Teacher Optometry.