Head of Luminus School of Construction & Built Environment
The Head of the School works with the senior management team of LTUC in overseeing the strategic development as well as the daily operations of the School.
In this senior leadership role, you develop the vision and strategy for the school and have the overall responsibility for the organisation, management and further expansion of the school. You manage your core team and you attract, retain and motivate the best possible educational staff.
The role requires you to undertake employer and industry engagement to build mutually beneficial and long term relationships related to education needs and employment opportunities for graduates.
You are also responsible for the development and implementation of new programmes and curricula in line with identified industry needs. Consequently, you possess exceptional influencing and networking skills with the ability to identify, and nurture opportunities for collaboration in Jordan and abroad.
This role suits someone with significant commercial and entrepreneurial skills alongside senior leadership experience. Experience of running your own business, work in industry, or previous experience in Technical and Vocational Education and Training would be more than an advantage.
Task & responsibilities
- build and extend strategic relationships with senior management of companies in the industry targeting the arrangement of jobs for graduates
- identify, explore and develop new commercial opportunities
- assure sufficient acquisition, recruitment and retention of students in order to increase and maintain the number of students in the School
- improve the quality and manage the design of demand driven training/ education programmes, the quality standards and the assessment of learning outcomes
- responsible for the operational management of the teaching and support staff within the programme area (this includes responsibility for staff recruitment, induction, timetabling, work plans and performance management)
- responsible for the budget of the School to assure return on investment and profitability
- stimulate and support innovation and application of technology within education
The successful candidate will:
- have a bachelor degree in a relevant subject + 10 years’ experience in the related industry, or
- have a master degree in a relevant subject + 7 years’ experience in the related industry, or
- have a PHD in a relevant subject + 5 years’ experience in the related industry
- have a proven track record of senior leadership experience and achievement of targets (ideally in a learning and training setting)
- have an existing network of relevant stakeholders and proven entrepreneurial, commercial and networking skills
- have experience and knowledge of quality assurance, setting & monitoring KPI’s, managing budgets
- be passionate about learning, training, teaching and knowledge of development of training programmes
- have fluency in Arabic and a good level of English (holder of an IELTS 6 Certificate or equivalent, or willingness to obtain)
Interested and qualified candidates can send their up-to-date CV with a copy of their relevant degree by using the application form button below. If due to some reason the form is not working you can send your application manualy to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Head of Luminus School of Construction & Built Environment.