Working for Luminus
Working for Luminus Technical College is more than a challenge and a great opportunity to improve your career!
Because, our college has very dynamic and ambitious teacher teams in Technical and Vocational Education and Training serving 3.500 students in Jordan at the moment and supporting them in finding a job or to start as an entrepreneur. The expectation is that the number of students will increase above 10.000 in the coming years. For this reason, we need you to strengthen our teams and that offers you all kind of chances.
Ibrahim Al Safadi, Chief Executive Officer
What is Luminus Education?
Our College finds its origin in Al Quds College, founded in 1984. Luminus Education is now Jordan’s leading Community College in West-Amman and Zarqa, offering diploma programs in various technical and vocational fields in a state of the art building with great facilities. Programs are accredited locally by the Ministry of Higher Education and internationally by Pearson, Edexcel and City & Guilds. Luminus has successfully graduated more than 40.000 students from 23 countries and employs more than 560 professionals from around the world with trainingcentres in Jordan, Iraq, UAE and the UK.
Our College has recently opened a new campus in Irbid and new campuses will be realized in East- Amman and Aqaba soon.
What is Luminus’ vision and mission?
Our College has a clear vision on how to offer high-quality vocational training, soft skills and technical education in order to address the clear mismatch between the skillsets of Jordan’s youth and the country’s labour market needs. That is necessary because Jordan is not a country with a good school to work transition process, which is reflected in the high level of unemployed graduates. In addition, there is an enormous shortage of skilled labour in many industry sectors. Luminus is taking the lead to solve this problem for our students and we want you involved to realize our mission.
What is Luminus’ model?
Our College has, in response to recent national developments and requests from donors, developed an innovative model of Centre of Excellence. This model is built around the principle of Education4Employment, creates pathways and ensures job placements or an opportunity for self-employment for our students.
The Luminus model encompasses
- Strict intake assessments in order to ensure improved outcomes for our students entering the learning to employment pathways.
- Continuous career guidance and counselling to ensure effective learning to employment but also optimal motivation.
- Vocational high school programs for 16 – 17 years old (11-12 grade) licensed nationally by the Ministry of Education.
- Technical and vocational college programs for 18+ years old (13 – 14 grade) nationally licensed by the Ministry of Labour and the Ministry of Higher Education and internationally licensed by world class partners.
- Employability and entrepreneurial skills training courses, which are also internationally licensed.
- In-company training, apprenticeships and internships support by identifying and working with local companies and skills sector organizations.
- An employment hub to support our students in securing attractive job placements.
- An innovation centre which includes fab labs, a business incubator and accelerator and assists young entrepreneurs in rolling out their businesses.